The offered thesis shall investigate the similarities and differences between gaze- and touch-centered interface designs. The gaze-controlled Web browser must be adapted for touch-input and compared in terms of usability and task-performance to the existing gaze-controlled version. It is to be decided which interactions can be kept the way they are implemented for gaze-control and which may perform better in a different version for touch input. One must compare the gaze- and touch-controlled application in effiency and joy of use and may propose a combination of both input sources. Therefore, basic understanding of C++ is recommended.
You will be supported in the programming task and we grant access to a Windows tablet computer for testing and evaluation purposes.
1. Browser on GitHub: https://github.com/
2. MAMEM page: http://www.mamem.eu/
3. SMI REDn scientific eye-tracker: http://www.
4. Google Material Design: https://material.
5. Combination of Gaze and Touch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpLR7QqS6K8