The exchange and processing of data between different companies (suppliers, customers) becomes more and more important, especially for large companies. Regarding to the growing value and the subsequent importance of ownership and provenance of data, there’s a need for data exchange platforms, which respect data ownership, enforce policies defined by the owner and secures them against unauthorized access or usage.
The Industrial Data Space proposes ideas how these challenges could be mastered. In this seminar we will take a look on some basic mechanisms, on which we can build such a data exchange platform according to the Industrial Data Space concept.
- Alexander Pretschner, Manuel Hilty, and David Basin. Distributed usage control. Communications of the ACM, 49(9):39–44, 2006
- Robert Soulé, Shrutarshi Basu, Parisa Jalili Marandi, Fernando Pedone, Robert Kleinberg, Emin Gun Sirer, and Nate Foster. Merlin: A language for provisioning network resources. In Proceedings of the 10th ACM International on Conference on emerging Networking Experiments and Technologies, pages 213–226. ACM, 2014
- Manuel Hilty, Alexander Pretschner, David Basin, Christian Schaefer, and Thomas Walter. A policy language for distributed usage control. In ESORICS, volume 4734, pages 531–546. Springer, 2007
- Christoph Ringelstein and Steffen Staab. Papel: A language and model for provenance- aware policy definition and execution. In BPM, pages 195–210. Springer, 2010
- Matthias Wiesmann, Fernando Pedone, André Schiper, Bettina Kemme, and Gustavo Alonso. Understanding replication in databases and distributed systems. In Distributed Computing Systems, 2000. Proceedings. 20th International Conference on, pages 464–474. IEEE, 2000
- Bettina Kemme and Gustavo Alonso. A new approach to developing and implementing eager database replication protocols. ACM Transactions on Database Systems (TODS), 25(3):333–379, 2000
- Ahmed Kosba, Andrew Miller, Elaine Shi, Zikai Wen, and Charalampos Papamanthou. Hawk: The blockchain model of cryptography and privacy-preserving smart contracts. In Security and Privacy (SP), 2016 IEEE Symposium on, pages 839–858. IEEE, 2016
- Konstantinos Christidis and Michael Devetsikiotis. Blockchains and smart contracts for the internet of things. IEEE Access, 4:2292–2303, 2016
- Martin Giese, Ahmet Soylu, Guillermo Vega-Gorgojo, Arild Waaler, Peter Haase, Ernesto Jiménez-Ruiz, Davide Lanti, Martin Rezk, Guohui Xiao, Özgür Özçep, et al. Optique: Zooming in on big data. Computer, 48(3):60–67, 2015
- Introductory meeting: 10.10.2017 10:00-12:00 in room B016
- Presentations: 18.01.2018 08:00-18:00 in room D238