The exchange and processing of data between different companies (suppliers, customers) becomes more and more important, especially for large companies. Regarding to the growing value and the subsequent importance of ownership and provenance of data, there’s a need for data exchange platforms, which respect data ownership, enforce policies defined by the owner and secures them against unauthorized access or usage.
The Industrial Data Space proposes ideas how these challenges could be mastered. In this seminar we will take a look on some basic mechanisms, on which we can build such a data exchange platform according to the Industrial Data Space concept.
- Alexander Pretschner, Manuel Hilty, and David Basin. Distributed usage control. Communications of the ACM, 49(9):39–44, 2006
- Manuel Hilty, Alexander Pretschner, David Basin, Christian Schaefer, and Thomas Walter. A policy language for distributed usage control. In ESORICS, volume 4734, pages 531–546. Springer, 2007
- Christoph Ringelstein and Steffen Staab. Papel: A language and model for provenance- aware policy definition and execution. In BPM, pages 195–210. Springer, 2010
- Gavin Wood. Ethereum: A secure decentralised generalised transaction ledger. Ethereum Project Yellow Paper, 151, 2014
- Ahmed Kosba, Andrew Miller, Elaine Shi, Zikai Wen, and Charalampos Papamanthou. Hawk: The blockchain model of cryptography and privacy-preserving smart contracts. In Security and Privacy (SP), 2016 IEEE Symposium on, pages 839–858. IEEE, 2016
- Konstantinos Christidis and Michael Devetsikiotis. Blockchains and smart contracts for the internet of things. IEEE Access, 4:2292–2303, 2016
- Martin Giese, Ahmet Soylu, Guillermo Vega-Gorgojo, Arild Waaler, Peter Haase, Ernesto Jiménez-Ruiz, Davide Lanti, Martin Rezk, Guohui Xiao, Özgür Özçep, et al. Optique: Zooming in on big data. Computer, 48(3):60–67, 2015
- Evgeny Kharlamov, Nina Solomakhina, Özgür Lütfü Özçep, Dmitriy Zheleznyakov, Thomas Hubauer, Steffen Lamparter, Mikhail Roshchin, Ahmet Soylu, and Stuart Watson. How semantic technologies can enhance data access at siemens energy. In International Semantic Web Conference, pages 601–619. Springer, 2014
- Matthias Wiesmann, Fernando Pedone, André Schiper, Bettina Kemme, and Gustavo Alonso. Understanding replication in databases and distributed systems. In Distributed Computing Systems, 2000. Proceedings. 20th International Conference on, pages 464–474. IEEE, 2000
- Bettina Kemme and Gustavo Alonso. A new approach to developing and implementing eager database replication protocols. ACM Transactions on Database Systems (TODS), 25(3):333–379, 2000
- Introduction: 10.10.2017 10:00-12:00 in room B016
- Draft submission deadline: 08.12.2017
- Review submission deadline: 22.12.2017
- Presentations: 18.01.2018 08:00-18:00 in room D238
Send your submissions (report, review and slides) via email to email@example.com. Please pay attention to the deadlines!
- For information how to create good presentations and reports, please read the "Seminar Presentations and Technical Reports - Guidlines".
- Introduction Slides