With a master’s degree in Web Science you will be able to study and solve problems on the web. Our interdisciplinary curriculum emphasises computer science and builds bridges to social sciences, economics, studies of the law, linguistics and mathematics. All mandatory courses are taught in English.
In general, our programme aims at persons with a bachelor’s degree or a minor in computer science. Unless you already hold a master’s degree, our programme even is free of tuition.
Graduates from the institute WeST have found interesting positions at successful companies, started their own businesses or continued towards a Ph.D. Institute WeST has a limited number of places available each year for pursueing a Ph.D. If you excel earning a master's degree in Web Science you will be in pole position for continuing with doctoral studies.
Koblenz is one of the oldest and most attractive cities in Germany with its surroundings honoured as UNESCO World Cultural Heritage. The university of Koblenz-Landau has close contacts to leading companies, offering possibilities for internships, collaboration and project experiences.
If you are interested in the programme, the following sites provide further information:
- Aims and contents: insight on the learning objectives, curriculum and job prospects
- Course requirements: see if you are eligible for our programme
- Application process: how to apply to our programme
- Fees and financial issues: learn how much money you need for living and studying over here
When being admitted and preparing your travel to Germany, the following information might be useful:
- Visa Information: learn if and how to apply for a visa
- Accommodation: how to get an apartment in Koblenz
Finally, after your arrival, you need to deal with administrative issues and plan your studies:
- After your arrival: getting insurance, administrative tasks, and orientation week at the university
- Current courses: a list of available Web Science courses
Still have not found what you were looking for? Then get in touch with our contact persons and further sources of information.