German universities use a 1 to 5 scale:
- 1.0–1.5: sehr gut (very good: an outstanding achievement)
- 1.6–2.5: gut (good: an achievement which lies substantially above average requirements)
- 2.6–3.5: befriedigend (satisfactory: an achievement which corresponds to average requirements)
- 3.6–4.0: ausreichend (sufficient: an achievement which barely meets the requirements)
- 4.1–5.0: nicht ausreichend (not sufficient: an achievement which does not meet the requirements)
Grade conversion is based on the modified Bavarian formula. The information in this page is not binding, the effectual conversion will be done by uni-assist.