This is a seminar held yearly in the Summer Semester, mainly for students of the Web Science master, but also for students of related disciplines. The seminar will be held by Dr. Jérôme Kunegis, Dr. Fariba Karimi and Jun Sun and will focus on network science.
In this seminar, each student (or group of two students) will present a topic to the class, based on individual papers from the area of network science. The papers we will cover this semester will be announced here. Additionally, each student (or group) will have to submit a written paper about the topic. Papers written in LaTeX are recommended. Please use the latest template of ACM.
There will be a kick-off meeting at the beginning of the semester, in the week before lectures start. The seminar itself will be held in one block at the end of the semester, in the second week after the end of lectures.
The paper submissions will be handled via EasyChair, one of the largest paper submission systems used for academic conferences and other events. Students will have to format their paper according to a given template, and submit it via EasyChair. Then, students from the seminar will review the other students' (or groups') papers. After that, the students will have the opportunity to revise their papers.
Paper submission URL: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=atnss2016
Topics are in the kick-off slides.
- Dominik, Thomas
- Marco Bö., Marcel
- Carsten, Marco Br.
- Nils, Bernhard
- Tuesday, April 5, 16:00 – 18:00 c.t. room E428: kick-off meeting
- Friday, April 15: deadline for choosing topics
- Tuesday, July 26, 16:00 – 18:30 c.t. room B122: feedback sessions
- Friday, August 5, 10:00 – 14:00 c.t. room A120: presentations
- Friday, August 26: submission deadline (first version)
- Friday, September 9: review deadline
- Friday, September 23: final submission deadline
All talks are on August 5.
10:15 – 11:45 3 talks
12:45 – 13:45 2 talks