Artificial Intelligence 1[zur Übersicht]
The course "Artificial Intelligence 1" provides an overview on basic approaches of artificial intelligence within the areas of search, planning, knowledge representation, reasoning, and multi agent systems. The aim of this course is to teach foundational principles of symbolic AI approaches, its connections to logic, and basic formalisation aspects. The theoretical concepts taught in the lecture will be accompanied by practical programming exercises with Prolog.
- 13 april - Introduction
- 20 april - Classical Logic and Prolog
- 27 april - Classical Logic and Prolog
- 4 may - Search and Automatic Planning
- 11 may - Search and Automatic Planning
- 18 may - Knowledge Representation and Reasoning
- 1 june - Knowledge Representation and Reasoning
- 8 june - Knowledge Representation and Reasoning
- 15 june - Agents and Multi-Agent Systems
- 22 june - Agents and Multi-Agent Systems
- 29 june - Summary and Conclusion
- Each Tuesday at 14:00 a new lecture video will be released.
- First lecture will be live on 13.04.21.
- Meeting Room
- Friday, 10:00 - 12:00 Online
- The first tutorial will be on May 7
- As we will program with Prolog, it may be a good idea to already install SWI-Prolog and play around a bit / do some small tutorials such that you understand syntax and basic behavior of Prolog.
- Please register in Teams until April 27. Teams of one till three persons are allowed.
- Assignments are uploaded using SVN. You need a SVN client to upload your assignments.
This course will be held online. The lecture and the tutorial will be recorded and uploaded. Please register for the course in OLAT for questions and more informations.
Please acknowledge the following guidelines to obtain the credits for this course:
- In order to obtain the credits of this course (6 ECTS), you have to obtain admission to take part in the exam and pass the exam.
- Admission to the exam is granted to all students who achieve 60% of the score obtainable in the exercises of the tutorials and to all students who already gained admission to the exam in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 or 2020.
- Active participation in the tutorials is expected.
- Obligation to register for the exam
- There is an obligation to register for the exam.
- If someone is not correctly registered for the exam before the end of the corresponding deadline, he or she cannot participate in the exam.
- If someone is registered for the exam but does not show up, he or she will fail the exam.
- If you fail the (written) exam you have to do a retake within the next 6 months; this second (or third) exam is orally and has to be scheduled with the lecturer via mail.