Web Information Retrieval[go to overview]
Summer Terms 2019
- Re-Exam: October 24, 2019, 18:00 - 20:00; Room: M001
- KLIPS: https://klips.uni-koblenz-landau.de/v/112821
- The lectures will start on April 15th, 18:00.
- To form groups: https://ist.uni-koblenz.de/teams/en/user/registration/2cbbbeca-bab2-4df5-833f-9f14eeb1c852
The SVN repository to submit your assignments is: https://svn.uni-koblenz.de/westteaching/ir-ss19/GROUPNAME
Replace GROUPNAME with your group name in lower case letters. Please remember to have your assignments in different folders under "solutions".
Slides and additional material will be provided along with the progress of the lecture.
|15.04.2019||Organization (PPT) Introduction to IR (PPT)|
|29.04.2019||Evaluation Methods (PPT) (PDF)|
|06.05.2018||Boolean Model (PPT) (PDF)|
|13.05.2018||Vector Space Model (PPT) (PDF)|
|20.05.2018||Probabilistic Language Model (PPT) (PDF)|
|27.05.2018||Web Search Characteristics (PPT) (PDF)|
|10.06.2018||Web Crawling (PPT) (PDF)|
|17.06.2018||PageRank (PPT) (PDF)|
|08.07.2018||User interfaces, Visualizations, Eyetracking (PPT) (PDF)|
|08.07.2018||Multimedia Retrieval (PDF) [Not part of Exam]|
It is highly recommended that you follow a textbook while taking the lecture. The textbooks are probably able to address the most question you might have about the content of the lecture:
- Introduction to Information Retrieval. Manning, Raghavan, Schütze, Cambridge University Press, 2008.
Free, electronic versions available at http://informationretrieval.org/
- Web Data Mining. Liu. Springer, 2007.
- Modern Information Retrieval. Baeza-Yates, Ribeiro-Neto, ACM Press, 2012.
|Assignment 1, PDF, (Ass1.ipynb || Best Soln.: Romeo), Soln.||22.04.2019||23&25.04.2019|
|Assignment 2, PDF, (Ass2.ipynb), Soln.||06.05.2019||07&09.05.2019|
|Assignment 3, PDF , (Ass3.ipynb), Soln.||13.05.2019||14&16.05.2019|
|Assignment 4, PDF, (Ass4.ipynb), Soln.||20.05.2019||21&23.05.2019|
|Assignment 5, PDF, (Ass5.ipynb), Best Soln. : Team Kilo - Soln||27.05.2019||28&30.05.2019|
|Assignment 6, PDF, (Ass6.ipynb || Best Soln.: Team Kilo), Soln.||03.06.2019||04&06.06.2019|
|Assignment 7, PDF, Soln.||10.06.2019||18&20.06.2019|
|Assignment 8, PDF, (Ass8.ipynb)||25.06.2019||09&11.07.2019|
Students need to accomplish at least 50% of the assignments in order to attend the final exam. Plagiarism is strictly forbidden and will result in disqualification from the final exam, on both sides of the plagiarism (copying and being copied). Students are also expected to explain some of the assignments.
Last Year Students
Students who failed to secure passing grades last year can directly appear for the examinations this year. However, it is advisable to participate in the course and the tutorials.
Old Exam Sample Paper
- Lecturer: Dr. Chandan Kumar
- Mondays, 18:00 - 20:00, E 313
- Instructor: Korok Sengupta
- Tuesday, 12:00 - 14:00, C 206
- Thursday, 12:00 - 14:00, E 314
- You don't need to come to both slots for the tutorial. We will cover the same material on Tuesdays and Fridays.
If you ever have any questions or want to discuss something about the lecture or the assignments, feel free to ask
- your colleagues
- mailing list (this will be prepared soon after you complete your registration for the tutorials.)
- the teachers via e-mail