Artificial Intelligence 1[go to overview]
Summer Term 2022
The course "Artificial Intelligence 1" provides an overview on basic approaches of artificial intelligence within the areas of search, planning, knowledge representation, reasoning, and multi agent systems. The aim of this course is to teach foundational principles of symbolic AI approaches, its connections to logic, and basic formalisation aspects. The theoretical concepts taught in the lecture will be accompanied by practical programming exercises with Prolog.
- 18. July 2022: This week’s lecture has to be moved from Friday to Wednesday: So there is no lectur on July 22nd and instead we will have an online lecture on Wednesday 20th, 2022 at 10 in BBB (https://olat.vcrp.de/bigbluebutton/106086231034412). A recording will be made available after the lecture.
- A very good book to revise logic is:
Melvin Fitting: First-Order Logic and Automated Theorem Proving, Second Edition. Graduate Texts in Computer Science, Springer 1996, ISBN 978-1-4612-7515-2
- First lecture will be April 27, 2022
- Second lecture (Wednesday May 4th, 2022 at 10:15) will be a BBB meeting (https://olat.vcrp.de/bigbluebutton/105517137931101). A recording will be available afterwards.
- Starting from May 13th 2022, the lecture will be Fridays at 16:15 in E011
- May 20th and July 22nd 2022 there is no lecture hall available at 4. For these two dates we will have a BBB meeting (will be available in OLAT).
- Slides will be published in OLAT
- We have two groups for the tutorials: Thursday at 8 o’clock in G410 and Friday at 10 o’clock in M001
- Please register in Klips for one of the groups.
- First tutorials will be May 5 and 6, 2022
- Exercise sheets will be published in OLAT
- Please get together in groups of four students and register in Teams until May 2nd. Teams of less than four persons are not allowed.
- Assignments are uploaded using SVN. You need a SVN client to upload your assignments.
- In order to ensure fairness for all students, submissions after the submission deadline will not be accepted.
- Changes to teams will not be made after May 22, 2022.
Please acknowledge the following guidelines to obtain the credits for this course:
- In order to obtain the credits of this course (6 ECTS), you have to obtain admission to take part in the exam and pass the exam.
- Admission to the exam is granted to all students who achieve 60% of the score obtainable in the exercises of the tutorials and to all students who already gained admission to the exam in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 or 2021.
- Active participation in the tutorials is expected.
- Obligation to register for the exam
- There is an obligation to register for the exam.
- If someone is not correctly registered for the exam before the end of the corresponding deadline, he or she cannot participate in the exam.
- If someone is registered for the exam but does not show up, he or she will fail the exam.
- If you fail the (written) exam you have to do a retake within the next 6 months; this second (or third) exam is orally and has to be scheduled with the lecturer via mail.