Research Lab "Machine Learning Application"[go to overview]
Summer Term 2022
In this research lab, you are going to build a complete machine learning system following the generic pipeline in order to solve a specific problem in the healthcare domain. For each phase in this pipeline, you will adopt the methods and techniques being studied in Machine Learning and Data Mining course. Therefore, completing this lecture is mandatory. Moreover, other fundamental approaches will also be used when necessary , including other sophisticated and modified approaches from the state-of-the-art.
Master and Bachelor students in:
- Web Science
- Computer Science
- Computational Visualistics
- Business Informatics
Kick-off / Introductory meeting
- When: Janyary 31 at 10:00
- Where: Online via BBB (Slides)
How to register?
- Form a group of four people to work on a topic
- Give a name to your group
- Write a proposal (up to two pages), describing your potential solution.
- Send (one) email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: "MLA registration request" no later than March 23. Please include your MLDM grade in the email.
- Register to the exam
Note that only 12 students will be selected based on their grade in MLDM and in case of similar grades, first come first serve.
- Type: Presentation + Report + Software
- Registration (Klips): Open from ---- to ---- (Do Not miss the deadline!)
- Cancellation (Klips): Until ----
 Miller, T. (2019). Explanation in artificial intelligence: Insights from the social sciences. Artificial Intelligence, 267, 1-38.