Introduction to Web Science[go to overview]
Winter Term 2019 / 2020
- Due to the current situation and the regulations imposed on us by the president's office that non-essential events are to be canceled for the foreseeable future, there will be no opportunity for reviewing the previous exam. We know that this is not perfect, but we all have to compromise in these difficult times. Therefore, please refrain from inquiring about reviewing possibilities, we cannot make this happen at the moment.
Final Examination: 27/02/2020 ; Room : D028
- Re-Examination: August 13, 2020; Room : D028 and E011; Time: 16:00-17:30 (Registration starts from June 15)
- Retracted Solution for First Exam
Extensions and Corrections: PPTX, PDF
|3.||11-Nov-2019||Internet vs WWW||
|19-Nov-2019||Dynamic Web Content||
|5.||25-Nov-2019||How big is the web||
|6.||02-Dec-2019||Advanced Statistical Models||
|7.||19-Dec-2019||Generative Modelling of Web||
|10-Dec-2019||Graph Theoretic Web Modelling||
|17-Dec-2019||Meme Spreading (cont.)|
|10.||13-Jan-2020||Socio-economical Aspects of Web||PPTX|
|14-Jan-2020||User Modelling||PPTX||21-Jan-2020||User Modelling (cont.)||PPTX</tr>|
|14.||10-Feb-2020||10 Years of Web Science|
|11-Feb-2020||Social Science in Web Science|
- Flipped Classroom Content on : Wikiversity
- Jupyter Notebook Tips and Tricks
- Demo Exam PDF
- 10 years of Web Science (Please do not share it)
In order to obtain ECTS-Credits, you need to both gain admission to the exam and you need to pass the exam. The exam is passed if you obtain a score of at least 50% in it.
You are expected to hand in all the assignments in due time, every week on Monday at 11:00 am. The assignments must be done by everyone in the group. The assignments should be handed in a pdf format with all valid source code and graphs if necessary. Assignments will be treated in-complete if any part of the solution is missing. Students need to accomplish at least 60% of the total scores in assignments in order to attend the final exam. Plagiarism is strictly forbidden and will result in disqualification from the final exam, of both sides of the plagiarism (copying and being copied). Students are also expected to explain some of the assignments in the tutorial sessions.
The SVN repository to submit your assignments is: https://svn.uni-koblenz.de/westteaching/webscience-1920/GROUPNAME
Replace GROUPNAME with your group name in lower case letters. ( Example: https://svn.uni-koblenz.de/westteaching/webscience-1920/alpha )
Please remember to have your assignments in different folders under "solutions".
Last Year Students
Students who previously failed the exam of "Introduction to Web Science" can directly appear for the examination this semester (actually they are obliged to participate in the exam). However, it is advisable to participate in the course and the tutorials.
Students who have mastered assignments such that they gained admission to participate in last year's exam, but did not register for last year's exam, have to earn admission anew.
Questions for Discussion : here