Introduction to Web Science[go to overview]
Winter Term 2021 / 2022
Second exam date, time and location (postponed):
**14:00 to 16:00 CET** on **2022.04.13** in **D028**
- Course content: OLAT - university account
- Group formation: TEAMS! - university account. Please join a group by 5th November, 2021 24:00 CET
- Assignment submission: SVN (https://svn.uni-koblenz.de/westteaching/webscience-2122/GROUPNAME) - university account. Only accessible after 6th November, 2021, when all groups are fixed in TEAMS!
- Q&A sessions and tutorials: Discord - no account needed
- Flipped classroom content: Wikiversity - no account needed
- Jupyter Notebook Tips and Tricks
This course is offered as an online course. New lectures (slides and screencasts) are published every week (Wednesday). Please register the course on OLAT in order to receive notifications of new material. Video lectures are published at Panopto.
In order to obtain ECTS-Credits, you need to both gain admission to the exam and you need to pass the exam. The exam is passed if you obtain a score of at least 50% in it.
We will publish 10 assignment sheets. Students should team up in groups of 3-4 and must reach 60% of the total points. We will publish a solution of each assignment in the following week. Please join a group in TEAMS! TEAMS link, by 5th November, 2021 24:00 CET.
The assignments must be done by everyone in the group. The assignments should be handed in PDF format with all valid source code and graphs if necessary. Assignments will be treated incomplete if any part of the solution is missing. Students need to accomplish at least 60% of the total scores in assignments in order to attend the final exam. Plagiarism is strictly forbidden and will result in disqualification from the final exam, of both sides of the plagiarism (copying and being copied).
The SVN repository to submit your assignments is: https://svn.uni-koblenz.de/westteaching/webscience-2122/GROUPNAME
Replace GROUPNAME with your group name in lower case letters (e.g., https://svn.uni-koblenz.de/westteaching/webscience-2122/alpha). Please remember to put your assignments in different folders under “solutions”.
Last Year Students
Students who previously failed the exam of "Introduction to Web Science" can directly appear for the examination this semester (actually they are obliged to participate in the exam). However, it is advisable to participate in the course and the tutorials.
Students who have mastered assignments such that they gained admission to participate in last year's exam, but did not register for last year's exam, have to earn admission anew.
- The course will be held online, thus do not refer to the timetable on KLIPS.
- We will publish new lecture units and new assignments each Monday.
- There will be Q&A session at 11:00 CET, Thursdays.
- The deadline of each assignment will be 24:00 CET, the next Tuesday.
- There will be tutorials at 16:00 CET, Thursdays.
The detailed schedule of course units is on OLAT.